The National Domestic Workers Alliance (NDWA) is looking for an experienced and innovative organizer to lead our online strategies to build power and respect for the millions of women who work as nannies, house cleaners, and care workers across the United States. If you’re passionate about using technology to reach and organize workers, and committed to improving the lives of women of color and immigrant women, this could be the role for you.
As the Digital Organizing Director, you will be part of the team that is developing NDWA’s strategy for mass worker engagement, including:
- Growing NDWA’s base and audience of workers online, primarily via SMS and Facebook (including Messenger)
- Involving workers in advocacy campaigns on topics from immigration to #metoo and domestic workers’ bills of rights
- Converting workers into dues-paying members; running membership drives, developing NDWA’s online membership infrastructure
- Developing worker programing and regular engagement
- Leading experiments and pilot programs to engage workers in our programming and build a dues-paying worker membership via Facebook and SMS
As a member of the Digital Team, you’ll also work closely with our Field Team to develop, test, and hone NDWA’s online organizing approach. Additionally, you’ll oversee existing worker-organizing pilot projects and staff, including pilots among gig economy workers, membership experiments among home care workers, and organizing using Facebook groups.
Bonus points if you are bilingual in English and Spanish, with the ability to write in both languages.
- Grow our online audience of workers (primarily on SMS and Facebook, but continually assessing where workers are + how we can best reach them)
- Lead a digital team doing worker outreach and organizing
- Oversee all of our communications with domestic workers
- Run campaigns to find, engage and convert workers into members
- Sharpen messaging that compels workers to come into the organization
- Develop strategies to engage workers in regular programming and trainings developed by our team
A Successful Digital Organizing Director will be:
- Ready to run and lead a team
- A strategic thinker
- A skilled writer
- Emotionally intelligent
- Passionate about using online tools and learning new technologies
- A collaborative teammate who can communicate well while working remotely
- Focused on numbers and testing to learn and improve our work
- Deeply curious about what motivates workers to become members of NDWA
- Possessing an entrepreneurial spirit and ability to vision, design and test new strategies
- Familiarity with online distributed events tools such as Action Network or Action Kit
- Preference for bilingual English/Spanish speakers
- Agreement and alignment with NDWA’s vision and values, including an understanding of issues facing low-wage workers, immigrant communities, and other communities of color
Women, People of Color, People with Disabilities and LGBTQ people strongly encouraged to apply. Email a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate “Digital Organizing Director” in the subject line. Please include a daytime phone number where we can contact you. This position will remain open until filled.