The National Domestic Workers Alliance (NDWA) is the leading national voice for dignity and fairness for domestic workers in the United States. Founded in 2007, NDWA works for the respect, recognition, and inclusion in labor protections of domestic and home care workers across the country. NDWA is winning improved working conditions while building a powerful movement rooted in the human rights, dignity and equality of domestic workers, home care workers, immigrant women and Black women.
NDWA was founded in 2007 by 50 domestic workers and organizers from around the country. Our national alliance has grown from this founding group of 13 organizations to now more than 60 affiliate organizations, plus three local chapters developed by NDWA in Atlanta, Durham, and New York City, and individual members from states without affiliates or chapters to join. To date, the Alliance is comprised of more than 70,000 nannies, housekeepers, and home care workers in 44 cities and 20 states.
Care in Action is a (501c4) nonprofit, nonpartisan group dedicated to fighting for dignity and fairness for the millions of domestic workers in the United States, most of whom are women. Founded in 2016, Care in Action is backed by tens of thousands of nannies, house cleaners, and care workers across the country. We provide the tools, trainings, and community working families need to make their voices heard, and organize and advocate for respect, recognition, and inclusion in labor protections.
The National Domestic Workers Alliance and Care in Action seek an energetic and experienced Events Associate to support events that reflect our values and bring together the entire staff and alliance towards achieving our core priorities.
Supporting Major Events:
- Work with Events team to carry out logistics for Member, Staff and Board events, ensuring that the values of care and building power are reflected in the events. These events range in size from 1,000 Membership Assemblies to 25 in-person team retreats.
- Provide support to programs and teams for local &/or national mobilizations. These mobilizations range in size, location, in that there may be multiple simultaneous mobilizations, and complexity.
- Assist Care in Action in carrying out voter engagement events.
Supporting Organizational Systems:
- Maintain the Events Planning Manual and systems.
- Manage Internal Staff Calendar and milestones.
- Assist the fundraising team in carrying out donor-related events.
- Participate in NDWA’s Sustainability and related projects.
- Recruit and manage volunteers for Events.
- Support other administrative projects as needed
- Travel Requirement: Travel fluctuates depending on the events schedule and can be as much as 40%.
- Proven skill in dealing with members, vendors, and the public;
- At least 1 year experience in events or related field;
- Alignment with NDWA’s vision and values;
- Interest in doing Event Planning and administrative work in the service of program and campaign goals;
- Proficiency with computer operations and programs, specifically:
- MS office suite
- Project management programs
- Database management programs
- Online Cloud Computing and other web-based programs
- Google Applications for Nonprofits
- Macbooks and Apple products
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Excellent attention to detail and well organized;
- Self motivated- proven ability to work independently;
- Ability to work well with diverse groups and populations;
- Dedication and ability to work flexible hours- especially one week before an Event, and the week of the Event;
- Understanding of issues facing low-wage workers, immigrant communities, and other communities of color;
- Spanish/English bilingual preferred but not required.
Women, People of Color, People with Disabilities and LGBTQ people strongly urged to apply. Applications will only be accepted electronically. Please submit a cover letter, resume and writing sample via this link: https://domesticworkers.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=31. Please include a daytime phone number where we can contact you. This position will remain open until filled.