The National Domestic Workers Alliance (NDWA, www.domesticworkers.org) is the nation’s leading voice for respect, recognition and labor standards for domestic workers. Through leadership development, strategic campaigns and alliance building, we seek to help build a powerful movement for social and global justice. The Alliance formed in 2007 at the US Social Forum and currently represents over 60 affiliates in more than 30 cities.
NDWA seeks an experienced Campaign Director to run a multi-state campaign that involves national and state level advocacy, cultivation and management of grasstops leaders, leading a coalition of national groups and supporting state based coalitions. The FOW Campaign Director will lead a year long campaign with a focus on building a national narrative and offensive campaigns at the state level around the future of work[ers] and corporate accountability. The FOW Campaign Director will report to NDWA’s Deputy Director.
- Convene and maintain campaign leadership team, national coalition, and advocacy experts across the future of work sector to help inform campaign decisions and ensure buy in and activation from the field
- Create and support state based future of work tables in key geographic areas
- Support strategy development of state based tables for both offensive and defensive campaigns in key states
- Manage consultants, including messaging, legal, and legislative, in states and nationally to execute on campaign goals and priorities
- Develop and implement strategy for national campaign in conjunction with NDWA leadership
- Plan national and state based actions, events, and lobbying days for members throughout the campaign
- Maintain and communicate policy demands in conjunction with core partners at state and national level
- Create and manage a budget for the coalition including recommendations on disbursement of field and partner grants
- Where appropriate, liaise with prospective partners
- Work across NDWA teams to coordinate legal, communications, field, and digital infrastructure to participate in the campaign, including engaging affiliates, executing on campaign strategy, and building a narrative for our work
- Support NDWA principals as public spokespeople, including preparing briefings and other relevant materials for conferences, convenings, and panels
- Travel requirement: 40%
- Experience leading campaigns with a broad coalition that earned media attention, and made change in the world. If you have implemented many campaigns at a senior level but not led campaigns, you will also be competitive for the position.
- Commitment to listening and empowering workers, especially women of color
- Understanding of and commitment to racial justice, especially for Black workers
- Flexible schedule, with frequent and possibly last minute travel with irregular hours
- Nimble work attitude, including ability to engage in rapid response
- Self starter, as you will be building a campaign from the ground-up at a senior level
- Experience working with national and state elected officials and grasstops leaders
- Familiarity with labor issues and future of work policy a plus
- Familiarity with directing work of other team members who do not report to you
- Experience developing strategy in long term campaigns at the national and/or state level
- Comfort with technology, especially Google Suite, Slack, and WhatsApp
- Willingness to work in a remote environment, including long hours on video and/or conference calls
- Ability to communicate complicated messages to a broad audience
- Experience working with a variety of principals to support campaign objectives
- Willingness to work in a team, including with staff at other organizations, consultants, NDWA principals, and other NDWA staff
- Experience leading corporate accountability campaigns is a major plus
Submit a cover letter and a resume (with a phone number where we can contact you) at https://domesticworkers.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=3
Women, People of Color, People with Disabilities and LGBTQ people strongly encouraged to apply. This position will remain open until filled.