The National Domestic Workers Alliance (NDWA) organizes domestic workers in the United States for respect, recognition and labor protections. We work to raise standards and guarantee labor rights and protections for domestic workers by waging legislative and administrative policies at the municipal, state and federal level and elevating domestic workers as key leaders in building a powerful movement for social justice. NDWA formed in 2007 at the US Social Forum and currently represents 60+ affiliates, chapters and individual workers across the country.
NDWA’s organizing and communications strategies are supported and enhanced by our policy team. The Policy Interns will be primarily responsible for supporting the execution of our policy strategies.
- Assist in research and analysis of legislative and administrative policy efforts relating to labor/employment at the federal level with government representatives, federal agencies and others.
- Research for and draft internal briefs and summary materials to inform NDWA staff, affiliates and members on key government officials, agencies, and others.
- Work collaboratively with NDWA policy team to advance policy agenda political program and policy agenda.
- Other duties as assigned by policy staff.
- Interest in at least one of the following policy areas: labor and employment policy, immigration, civil rights, federal budget and public financing issues.
- Excellent qualitative and quantitative analysis, as well as research, writing and communication skills.
- A commitment to racial justice, gender equity and worker rights.
- Ability to organize time, manage up, work independently, as well as follow direction, collaborate, coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively research and analyze data in a clear format.
If you are interested in pursuing an intern opportunity, please submit a cover letter indicating why you are interested, when you are available to intern, whether you are receiving school credit and/or have an external source of funding such as your college or law school and, if so, please identify the source, and how many hours per week you can intern. A full application includes a cover letter, resume, a writing sample, and contact information (including email and phone numbers) for two references.
Applications should be submitted here: https://domesticworkers.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=6
Women, People of Color, People with Disabilities and LGBTQ people are strongly urged to apply.